< Return to Jobs
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk & Transportation
100,000 to 200,000
Manages guest check-ins and check-outs, provides information about hotel amenities, and addresses guest inquiries. Maintains accurate reservation records, processes payments, and ensures a welcoming and efficient guest experience. Collaborates with other hotel departments for special requests and communicates guest feedback. Requires excellent customer service skills, proficiency in reservation systems, and attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guest Check-In/Check-Out: Efficiently manage guest arrivals and departures, processing check-ins, check-outs, and payments accurately.
- Reservation Handling: Manage reservations, ensuring accuracy and timely hotel reservation system updates.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service by addressing guest inquiries, requests, and concerns.
- Guest Assistance: Assist guests with information about hotel amenities, local attractions, and directions.
- Phone and Email Communication: Answer phone calls, respond to emails, and provide information to potential guests.
- Cash Handling: Handle cash and credit card transactions and manage guest accounts during their stay.
- Problem Solving: Resolve guest issues or concerns promptly and effectively, escalating when necessary.
- Collaboration: Communicate with other hotel departments to ensure guest needs are met.
- Safety and Security: Maintain the security of guest information, following privacy and data protection procedures.
- Lobby Management: Keep the lobby area clean, organized, and welcoming for guests.
- Customer Service Skills: Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Communication Abilities: Effective verbal and written communication skills for interactions with guests and colleagues.
- Computer Proficiency: Comfort with using computer systems, hotel software, and booking platforms.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Strong problem-solving skills to handle guest concerns and find appropriate solutions.
- Attention to Detail: Accuracy in handling guest information, reservations, and payments.
- Multitasking: Ability to handle multiple tasks, such as managing phone calls, check-ins, and guest inquiries.
- Positive Attitude: A positive and welcoming demeanor to create a pleasant atmosphere for guests.
- Flexibility: Adaptability to different situations and willingness to work various shifts.
- Stamina: The ability to stand for extended periods during busy shifts.
- Mobility: The capability to move around the front desk area and interact with guests as needed.
- Visual Acuity: Clear vision to read guest information, identification, and reservation details.
- Hearing: Sufficient hearing to communicate effectively with guests and colleagues.
- Manual Dexterity: Proficient use of a keyboard, mouse, and other computer peripherals for data entry and guest interactions.